1 3 lb. rump roast, room temp. (always go for the one with lots of even marbling)
2 large onions, roughly diced
8 cloves garlic, roughly diced
100 grams prosciutto, thickly sliced
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried sage
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbs. olive oil
1 lb. red potatoes
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbs. flour
1. Preheat the stove to 350 F. Make an X incision through the meat from top to bottom, straight through the meat, and widen it with your fingers.
2. Stuff the incision with as much procutto, onions and garlic as you can fit.
3. Place a frying pan on the stove and drizzle the olive oil on medium-high heat until it is sizzling.
4. Brown the roast in the olive oil for 5 minutes, constantly turning it until the meat has been seared throughout.
5. Place the roast in a large baking pan and surround it with the remaining prosciutto, garlic and onion, as well as the potatoes. Cover the veggies evenly with the beef broth. Cover the pan with tinfoil and insert the it in to the oven.
6. Roast for 2 hours, covered with tinfoil, or until a meat thermometer inserted reads 130 F -- medium-rare.
7. Remove the pan and tent the meat with tinfoil for 20 minutes before serving.
8. Pray. Eat. Enjoy your alone time, your relaxation, and realize that your soul needs to breathe once in a while, preferably crisp mountain air.