moroccan chickpea soup: spicy preparation for the holidays

|
For a while here, I'm going to be backtracking my posts. I took a month hiatus from blogging, but that does not mean I did not cook! Baking or basting or braising for me is like crack to an addict -- I just cannot get enough.
Have steam and smells fill my apartment while I create presents for others is a balm to my soul.
The soup simmers. I create. Christmas carols sound. The world is perfect.
The resounding comforting accompaniment -- white buns.
Moroccan Chickpea Soup

2 tbs. cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. harissa paste
1 large can chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained 
4 cups chicken stock
2 carrots, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
1 large head cauliflower, cubed
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste

1. Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot. Let simmer for 45 minutes.

2. Serve with fresh buns or naan bread.

3. Pray. Eat. Enjoy a little spice in your life to keep you going for the holidays.

0 comments: