(Adapted from the Food Network)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Mix together the wet ingredients, without the blueberries.
3. Mix wet and dry together until the batter is lumpy -- be careful not to overmix!!
4. Heat oil or butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in 1/3 cup batter and sprinkle in a handful of blueberries. Cook until the bubbles on the top stay and the bottom is browned. Flip and cook until the other side is brown - about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pray. Eat. Enjoy powdery snow and the smiles that accompany it.