citrus red curry basa fillet: smells to greet a wanderer.

|
I wanted a simple dinner. Poached fish, in my head, equates to this. I thought one friend was going to come to dinner, and another showed up in his place. Kevin had to stay home, it had been a long day, and Allison came to my door. Spectacular! As long as I am feeding someone, I am happy (and when they are lovely friends that you've been wanting to visit with for a while, it doesn't hurt). 
I had some red curry paste left over, some fish in my freezer, and some onion in my fridge. Combined all together, it created a lovely spicy main meal.
Allison and I enjoyed our meals with Don Draper, the manliest man from Mad Men.
And once again, I exchanged one friend for another, as Allison left, Wesley literally came in the door. He arrived, fresh off the ship (well, airplane), from Haiti, where he has been doing disaster relief. I was glad I was able to greet him with lingering smells of delicious food, and hot mint tea. Having the aroma of red curry in the background is the best way to catch up with an old friend.
Citrus Red Curry Basa Fillet

1 fresh basa fillet
1 tbs. red curry paste
3 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 large red onion, sliced
2 tbs. olive oil

1. Blend curry, lemon juice and garlic together until smooth. Coat fish.

2. Heat olive oil in a skillet on the stove on medium. Add in onions. Let cook for a minute, or until slightly browned. Add fish and place a lid on the skillet.

3. Let steam in the skillet for around 6 minutes, check occasionally to see if it is steaming or browning. Remove and serve on a bed of jasmine rice or greens.

4. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Ensure you have aromas floating through the air when old friends come to call; they'll come back just for the smell and the food.

0 comments: