My lack of usual 'eating' pictures was dictated by the fact that Brodie decided that he was going to make an odd, odd face in every photo. But, they enjoyed it (though I don't have documentary proof). And it provided sustenance for the night to come -- listening to karaoke hip-hop at Fortune Sound Club -- allowing us to experience an array of different cultures on Monday. Ole fo' shizzle my nizzle.
2 large tomatoes, charred and skin removed in the oven
1 head garlic, minced
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tbs. olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. oregano
4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped, with sauce added as well (add less if you don't like spicy!)
salt, to taste
2 chicken breasts
1 lime, juiced
tacos, whether soft or hard (the latter being less authentic)
1. Drizzle the olive oil into a large saucepan or pot, place it on the stove at medium-high heat, and saute the garlic, charred tomatoes, and onion for 3-4 minutes in the pot or until caramelized.
2. De-glaze the pot with the chicken stock, stirring vigorously. Add the chipotles, cumin, nutmeg, oregano, and chicken and let simmer for ten minutes. The chicken should come apart easily at the end of the cooking time.
3. Add the lime juice after shredding the chicken so it is in thin strips (this can be done with two forks). Add salt to taste, and stir.
4. Serve in soft or hard tacos, or on a bed of greens with a side of re-fried beans.
5. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Go out on a Monday night, no matter the consequences (you're only young once).