spicy shrimp scampi: clearing of the throat, with a bit of alliteration.

|
We went to kareoke last night. And all aspired to be as 'hip-hoppity' as this master of the beat. He was amazing.

The look on Stelna's face was replicated around the table. Impressive.

I was scheduled for a chamber choir audition last night. However, being sick for two weeks isn't exactly beneficial to your upper range, so I canceled it. But what better place to practice for the grand audition than Darby's.
Belting out oldies, mouthing Backstreet Boys songs that I don't know, and watching the antics of those on stage lightened my heart, and my voice. I think I'm ready for that audition now. I'll ensure the quality of my voice by eating spicy food before hand, and what better way to ingest flavor and heat than with shrimp scampi.
Shrimp Scampi

1 pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and decapitated (it's rare that I get to say that in a recipe)
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
4 tbs. minced garlic
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 c. white wine
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste


1. Rinse shrimp, peel them (if needed), and set aside.

2. Heat oil in a deep skillet at medium-high, and add garlic and pepper. Cook for about two minutes.

3. Add all the other ingredients and saute until the shrimp are pink, about two minutes. Keep the skillet on high during this time so the wine burns off, and stir constantly.

4. Serve over angel hair pasta or a lovely green salad.

4. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Sing, sing, sing, and never care who is watching.

0 comments: