oven roasted pork ribs: a day of birth, with friends encompassing.

|
I have the loveliest friends. And I had the loveliest day.

My morning was filled with good food and a great friendship (again going to my favorite spot for breakfast - the Nice Cafe on Main Street). I decided to celebrate the day I was born on a Saturday because, honestly, who wants to celebrate on a Sunday (though Sunday the 15th must be a spectaular day for not only was Napoleon Bonaparte born on that day, but Kevin's mom was as well!).
We headed to Wreck Beach, and the sun readily acquiesced to our intentions - it was sweltering!
I couldn't ask for a better day, and I couldn't be blessed with more friendships. I've had a lovely year, though it may have been filled with trials and tribulations, departures and travel, one thing that I have learned, that I treasure the most are those relationship that continue even through emotional and physical distance. My friends are there for me, and always will be. And the best, most memorable parts of my year have come from working on those relationships.
After the beach was a potluck and a night out. Brendan even brought a twinkie-style cupcake, placed some candles in the top, and everyone sang happy birthday - I felt as if I was 12 years old again, enjoying the glow not only coming from the candles but from the joy my friends brought me.

In return, I decided to make ribs (the large piece of meat pictured in my last post). The decision came from my realization that there was a long, spectacular night ahead, and we needed some protien to keep us going. A wise decision, for the night was long, but it was fun. What a day - the perfect transition into another year of my life. Thank you all.
Oven Roasted Sweet Pork Ribs

2 small racks pork ribs, or one enormous one (such as I had)

1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 c. balsalmic vinegar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/8 c. Worcestershire sauce
3 dashes Tabasco sauce
2 tbs. dried tarragon
1 tbs. dried oregano
1/4 c. olive oil
pepper, freshly ground, to taste
salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1. Blend all ingredients together (except for the pork!) until smooth. Drizzle over ribs, until coated. Cover and marinade for 1 day.


2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for around 2 hours, turning over once. Remove when done. Take out most of the sauce and boil on the stove until reduced to about half. Drizzle over ribs.


3. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Realize that the most precious things in the world are those who surround you, and the relationships you form.










0 comments: