Ddukguk, or rice cake soup.
4 c. beef broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 c. sliced rice cake
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 lb. cooked bulgogi (follow this link to a previous recipe I did)
1 piece of nori (seaweed), sliced
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large pot on the stove. Let simmer for five minutes.
2. Meanwhile, beat the egg olks and heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high. Add the yolks and swirl them around the bottom of the pan to make a thin pancake. Cook thoroughly. Remove from the pan and cut into thin strips.
3. Add the egg white and rice cakes to the broth. Simmer for ten minutes.
4. Add the green onions and let simmer for two minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and add the bulgogi, sliced seaweed and sliced egg. Garnish with a few pieces of sliced green onion.
6. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Make Christmas gifts for everyone and feel the cheer exude out of every one.