17 hours of driving. 3400 kilometers. Several mishaps. Growing girth the further South we went.
This past weekend, I drove to San Francisco.
3 tbs. butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
5/6 new potatoes, chopped with skin
1 tbs. fresh oregano, minced
6 bay leaves
1 lb. clams, and juice
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups cream
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
large sourdough bun
1. Saute onions, garlic and celery in the butter, in a large soup pot, until caramalized.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for several more minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Let simmer for twenty minutes.
4. Serve in a hollowed out bread bun.
5. Pray. Eat. Enjoy. Road trip and be blessed with the ethereal beauty of your surroundings.